Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hi, my name is Angie, and I'm an addict

So, for those of you that KNOW me, you may have realized over the years that I have a serious problem. This problem has gotten increasing worse over the past couple of years...

My problem is - I buy a lot of shit off of TV. No kidding. I really do. I have apparently purchased enough items to merit being sent an "As Seen On TV" catalog! And, by the way, I love the catalog, I want to buy so much shit out of it...

I know some of you may be a little skeptical as to the extend of my addiction, so to prove my point I have supplied a list of some of the products I have bought over the years, one of them as early as last week. :) Please let me know if you know of any support groups.

Teeth Whitener. This did not really work, but I did get a free robe with purchase.

Chocolate Maker. I have used this about half a dozen times - EVER. But it does work and it is pretty fun. :)

Ab Roller. I don't know if this worked, as I have never used it.

Yoga Booty Ballet DVD set. This is a workout DVD that combines yoga, ballet and dance. It was actually kind of hard and I quit using it after about a week.

Debt Cures book. This is an awesome book. It had a lot of good information, and I feel was a good purchase.

K-Styler. This is a hair straightener. I love it and use it everyday. Another good purchase.

Hot Wax Kit. This fucking thing didn’t work for shit. The “hot” part worked (omg!) but when I ripped off the little strip I was still as bushy as I was before. I didn’t have the balls to keep trying.

Hand Blender. I used this for about a month. Don’t even know where it is now…

Diet Pills. These didn’t work either. Go figure.

Zerosmoke. This was a magnet that you put on your ear to help you quit smoking. Apparently it is supposed to simulate acupuncture and block the “I want a cigarette” signals to the brain. Didn’t work.

Space Bags. These things are awesome, but too expensive. Luckily you can buy them at Wal-Mart now.

Ped Egg. This little gadget is supposed to help remove calluses and dead dry skin from your feet. Might as well of used a metal cheese grater, that’s what it looks AND feels like. But I have to admit, the dead skin WAS gone…

Mineral Make-up. This was crap. Big Josie kind of talked me into this one… I’m back to using store bought stuff.

Sonic Scrubbers. These are electronic toothbrushes that you use to clean unsightly bathtub tiles and grout. They work, but are louder than shit and take FOREVER to clean a whole tub.

Core Rhythms. This is a workout DVD that is supposed to incorporate Latin Dance into an aerobic exercise. I haven’t gotten it yet, so we’ll see… :)

Hopefully the Core Rhythms one will help me tone up. I have been losing some weight, but I'm stil flabby. :(

Oh by the way, today's weight 164 1/2 lbs! (weight loss of 12 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks!)

3 comments:

  1. ROFL I can SO relate!! I do not know how many things I have bought off the TV. Most of mine are more expensive....over a longer period of time. Which one is worse? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I've bought a few of these that have ended up in the ether world too. I'm still trying to shed the baby fat from my 10 month old so let me know if the Core Rythms DVD helps. I've never used a workout video. Just running, and the tata's don't like running right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....I have been dying to get yoga booty ballet! I tried it a few times but don't own it. SO, we should haggle something. I would loooove to take that off of your hands. I am an ebayer.Seriously, a chronic ebayer.

    ReplyDelete

Say whatever you want! No rules here!